shasum - compute and check SHA1 message digest
[OPTION] --check [FILE]
Print or check SHA1 (160-bit) checksums.
With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input.
- -b, --binary
- read files in binary mode (default on DOS/Windows)
- -c, --check
- check SHA1 sums against given list
- -t, --text
- read files in text mode (default)
The following two options are useful only when verifying checksums:
- don't output anything, status code shows success
- -w, --warn
- warn about improperly formated checksum lines
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
The sums are computed as described in FIPS-180-1. When checking, the input
should be a former output of this program. The default mode is to print
a line with checksum, a character indicating type (`*' for binary, ` ' for
text), and name for each FILE.
Written by Ulrich Drepper and Scott Miller.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Copyright © 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.