printf - format and print data
Print ARGUMENT(s) according to FORMAT.
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
FORMAT controls the output as in C printf. Interpreted sequences are:
- double quote
- character with octal value NNN (0 to 3 digits)
- alert (BEL)
- produce no further output
- form feed
- new line
- carriage return
- horizontal tab
- vertical tab
- character with hexadecimal value NNN (1 to 3 digits)
- a single %
- ARGUMENT as a string with `' escapes interpreted
and all C format specifications ending with one of diouxXfeEgGcs, with
ARGUMENTs converted to proper type first. Variable widths are handled.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Copyright © 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.