Buy GNU books!
Frequently asked questions about Octave (with answers)
Table of Contents
1. What is Octave?
2. What's new in version 2.0 of Octave
3. What features are unique to Octave?
3.1 Command and variable name completion
3.2 Command history
3.3 Data structures
3.4 Short-circuit boolean operators
3.5 Increment and decrement operators
3.7 Variable-length argument lists
3.8 Variable-length return lists
3.9 Built-in ODE and DAE solvers
4. What documentation exists for Octave?
5. Obtaining Source Code
5.1 How do I get a copy of Octave for Unix?
5.2 How do I get a copy of Octave for (some other platform)?
5.3 What is the latest version of Octave
6. Installation Issues and Problems
6.1 What else do I need?
6.2 Can I compile Octave with another C++ compiler?
7. Common problems
8. Getting additional help
9. I think I have found a bug in Octave.
10. Porting programs from MATLAB to Octave
A. Concept Index
Copyright © 2003
by The Free Software Foundation
Updated Jun 2003