Guile Reference Manual
28.3 Procedures for On the Fly Evaluation
See section 31.2 Environments.
- Scheme Procedure: eval exp module
- C Function: scm_eval (exp, module)
- Evaluate exp, a list representing a Scheme expression,
in the top-level environment specified by module.
While exp is evaluated (using
module is made the current module. The current module
is reset to its previous value when eval returns.
- Scheme Procedure: interaction-environment
- C Function: scm_interaction_environment ()
- Return a specifier for the environment that contains
implementation--defined bindings, typically a superset of those
listed in the report. The intent is that this procedure will
return the environment in which the implementation would
evaluate expressions dynamically typed by the user.
- Scheme Procedure: eval-string string
- C Function: scm_eval_string (string)
- Evaluate string as the text representation of a Scheme
form or forms, and return whatever value they produce.
Evaluation takes place in the environment returned by the
- Scheme Procedure: apply:nconc2last lst
- C Function: scm_nconc2last (lst)
- Given a list (arg1 ... args), this function
conses the arg1 ... arguments onto the front of
args, and returns the resulting list. Note that
args is a list; thus, the argument to this function is
a list whose last element is a list.
Note: Rather than do new consing,
destroys its argument, so use with care.
- Scheme Procedure: apply proc arg1 ... args
- proc must be a procedure and args must be a list. Call
proc with the elements of the list
(append (list arg1
...) args) as the actual arguments.
- Scheme Procedure: primitive-eval exp
- C Function: scm_primitive_eval (exp)
- Evaluate exp in the top-level environment specified by
the current module.