Guile Reference Manual
[Generic procedures for writing to ports.]
- Scheme Procedure: get-print-state port
- C Function: scm_get_print_state (port)
- Return the print state of the port port. If port
has no associated print state,
#f is returned.
- Scheme Procedure: display obj [port]
- Send a representation of obj to current-output-port.
Optional second arg port specifies an alternative output port.
The representation is similar to that produced by
the differences being strings are not quoted (and their characters are not
escaped), and characters are rendered as if with
- Scheme Procedure: newline [port]
- C Function: scm_newline (port)
- Send a newline to port.
If port is omitted, send to the current output port.
- Scheme Procedure: port-with-print-state port pstate
- C Function: scm_port_with_print_state (port, pstate)
- Create a new port which behaves like port, but with an
included print state pstate.
- Scheme Procedure: print-options-interface [setting]
- C Function: scm_print_options (setting)
- Option interface for the print options. Instead of using
this procedure directly, use the procedures
- Scheme Procedure: simple-format destination message . args
- C Function: scm_simple_format (destination, message, args)
- Write message to destination, defaulting to
the current output port.
message can contain
%S) escapes. When printed,
the escapes are replaced with corresponding members of
~A formats using
If destination is
#t, then use the current output
port, if destination is
#f, then return a string
containing the formatted text. Does not add a trailing newline.
- Scheme Procedure: write-char chr [port]
- C Function: scm_write_char (chr, port)
- Send character chr to port.
- Scheme Procedure: force-output [port]
- C Function: scm_force_output (port)
- Flush the specified output port, or the current output port if port
is omitted. The current output buffer contents are passed to the
underlying port implementation (e.g., in the case of fports, the
data will be written to the file and the output buffer will be cleared.)
It has no effect on an unbuffered port.
The return value is unspecified.
- Scheme Procedure: flush-all-ports
- C Function: scm_flush_all_ports ()
- Equivalent to calling
all open output ports. The return value is unspecified.