Guile Reference Manual
21.4.5 String Selection
Portions of strings can be extracted by these procedures.
string-ref delivers individual characters whereas
substring can be used to extract substrings from longer strings.
- Scheme Procedure: string-length string
- C Function: scm_string_length (string)
- Return the number of characters in string.
- Scheme Procedure: string-ref str k
- C Function: scm_string_ref (str, k)
- Return character k of str using zero-origin
indexing. k must be a valid index of str.
- Scheme Procedure: string-copy str
- C Function: scm_string_copy (str)
- Return a newly allocated copy of the given string.
- Scheme Procedure: substring str start [end]
- C Function: scm_substring (str, start, end)
- Return a newly allocated string formed from the characters
of str beginning with index start (inclusive) and
ending with index end (exclusive).
str must be a string, start and end must be
exact integers satisfying:
0 <= start <= end <= (string-length str).