GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual
7.2 Hash Table Access
This section describes the functions for accessing and storing
associations in a hash table.
- Function: gethash key table &optional default
- This function looks up key in table, and returns its
associated value---or default, if key has no
association in table.
- Function: puthash key value table
- This function enters an association for key in table, with
value value. If key already has an association in
table, value replaces the old associated value.
- Function: remhash key table
- This function removes the association for key from table, if
there is one. If key has no association,
- Function: clrhash table
- This function removes all the associations from hash table table,
so that it becomes empty. This is also called clearing the hash
- Function: maphash function table
- This function calls function once for each of the associations in
table. The function function should accept two
arguments--a key listed in table, and its associated