General Purpose PostScript Generating Utility
7.7.5 Guide Line for Distributed Style Sheets
This section is meant for people who wish to contribute style sheets.
There is a couple of additional constraints, explained here.
- The Copyright
- Please, do put a copyright in your file, the same as all other
distributed files have: it should include your name, but also the three
paragraphs stating the sheet is covered by the GPL. I won't distribute
files without these paragraphs.
- The Version
- Do put a version number, so that people can track evolutions.
- The Requirements
- Make sure to include a requirement on the needed version of a2ps. If
you don't know what to put, just put the version of the a2ps you run.
- The Documentation
- The documentation string is mandatory. Unless the language your style
sheet covers is widely known, please document a bit what the style sheet
is meant for. If there were choices you made, if there are special
behaviors, document them.
- The `sheets.map' Entries
- Put in a comment on the `sheets.map' lines that correspond to your
- A Test File
- It is better to give a test file, as small as possible, that contains
the most specific and/or most difficult contructs that your style sheet
supports. I need to be able to distribute this file, therefore, do not
put anything that is copyrighted.
Finally, make sure your style sheet behaves well! (see section 7.6.8 Checking a Style Sheet)